On reading this article it will guide you on amperage usage by a dryer. if a person is interested in knowing facts about the dryer amps usage by different volts of the dryer, how many Amps Does A Dryer Use, and the dryer outlet adapter can get to know by reading the article in detail?
How Many Amps Does A Dryer Use?
The electric dryer uses amps that range between 7.5 amps and 30 amps.
According to the volt of the dryer, the national electrical code:
- A 240-volt dryer should be used on 4 wire circuits in which there is a 10-3 type NM cable that is grounded and is protected by a 30 amps breaker and the time to dry the cloth is less.
- A dryer with 110 volts or 120 volts is suitable to use in a household circuit which is protected by a 15 amps breaker as this type of dryer uses amps that range between 7.5 amps and 15 amps.
Amps used by 240V dryer:
- The amps used by 240-volt dryers range between 10 amps and 30 amps.
- The most common amp of a dryer is between 24 amps and 30 amps and the wattage consumed by 240 volts is 5,480W. According to its wattage and amps, the running cost is decided.
Amps used by 220 Volt Dryer:
- It is almost similar to a 240-volt dryer that uses amps that range between 10 amps and 30 amps.
- The most common amps used are 30 amps.
- As the 220-volt and 240-volt dryer does have the same voltage level, it uses the same amps as the 240 volts dryer uses.
Amps used by 110-volt dryer:
- The amps used by the 110-volt and 120-volt dryers are between 7.5 amps and 15 amps.
- Also referred to as portable dryers and the cost of running the dryer depends on various factors which you can learn here.
- The design of this type of dryer is designed to be used in a smaller space and could be run off in a standard household circuit of 110 volt/120 volt.
- It doesn’t require a 4-wire circuit to use and in case you are having doubts about the low amp dryer, confirm it with the seller or manufacturer.
What is the Amperage Of Popular Dryers?
The following table showing the list Amps Does A Dryer Use which are arranged from low to high amps:
|RCA 13 lb. Compact Clothes Dryer||7.5A|
|Panda 1.50 cu. ft. White and Black Electric Compact Portable Laundry Dryer||7.73A|
|Bosch 800 Series 4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Home Connect White Stackable Electric Ventless Compact Dryer, ENERGY STAR||10.5A|
|Magic Chef 2.6 cu. ft. White Compact Electric Dryer||11.7A|
|Samsung AirDresser with Steam and Sanitize Cycle, Wi-Fi Enabled, Deodorizing Filter in Dark Black||12A|
|LG Electronics Styler Steam Closet Smart Clothing Care System with Asthma & Allergy Friendly Sanitizer in White||12.5A|
|LG STUDIO 23.5 in. 7.4 cu. ft. Clothes Styler Built-In Steam Clothing Care System||12.5A|
|BLACK+DECKER 3.5 cu. ft. Capacity White Electric Dryer||13A|
|GE 3.6 cu. ft. 120-Volt White Stackable Electric Vented Portable Compact Dryer||15A|
|Samsung 7.5 cu. ft. 240-Volt Brushed Black Electric Dryer with Smart Dial and Super Speed Dry, ENERGY STAR||22.5A|
|Frigidaire 6.7 cu. ft. White Free Standing Electric Dryer||24A|
|GE 6.2 cu. ft. 240 Volt White Electric Vented Dryer||24A|
|Electrolux 8.0 cu. ft. Front Load Perfect Steam Electric Dryer in White||24A|
|GE 7.8 cu. ft. Smart 240 Volt White Stackable Electric Vented Dryer with Long Vent and Sanitize Cycle, ENERGY STAR||24A|
|Electrolux 8.0 cu. ft. White Electric Dryer with Steam, Predictive Dry, ENERGY STAR||25A|
|Electrolux 8.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer in White, ENERGY STAR||25A|
|Electrolux 8.0 cu. ft. Front Load Perfect Steam Electric Dryer with LuxCare Dry and Instant Refresh in Titanium||25A|
|Whirlpool 7.4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Chrome Shadow Smart Electric Vented Dryer with AccuDry System||30A|
|Whirlpool 6.7 cu. ft. 120 Volt White Commercial Electric Vented Dryer Coin Operated||30A|
|Whirlpool 8.8 cu. ft. 240-Volt Smart White Electric Dryer with Steam and Advanced Moisture Sensing Technology, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|Maytag 7.3 cu. ft. 240-Volt White Stackable Electric Vented Dryer with Quick Dry Cycle, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|Whirlpool 5.9 cu. ft. 240-Volt White Electric Vented Dryer with AccuDry||30A|
|Whirlpool 7.4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Chrome Shadow Stackable Electric Dryer with Steam and Intuitive Touch Controls, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|LG Electronics 4.2 cu. ft. White Compact Stackable Front Load Electric Ventless Dryer with Sensor Dry||30A|
|Samsung 7.4 cu. ft. Smart Champagne Electric Dryer with Steam Sanitize||30A|
|Whirlpool 7.4 cu. ft. Chrome Shadow Front Load Electric Dryer with AccuDry System||30A|
|Samsung 4.0 cu. ft. Capacity White 24 Stackable Electric Ventless Heat Pump Dryer ENERGY STAR Certified||30A|
|Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. 240-Volt White Electric Vented Dryer with Wrinkle Shield Plus||30A|
|Maytag 7.4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Metallic Slate Smart Capable Electric Dryer with Hamper Door and Advanced Moisture Sensing||30A|
|Whirlpool 7.4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Stackable Chrome Shadow Electric Ventless Dryer with Intuitive Touch Controls, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|GE 4.1 cu. ft. 240-Volt White Electric Ventless Dryer, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|Haier 4.3 cu. ft. Smart 240 Volt White Stackable Electric Vented Dryer, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|Maytag 8.8 cu. ft. 240-Volt Smart Capable Metallic Slate Electric Vented Dryer with Steam, ENERGY STAR||30A|
|Whirlpool 7.4 cu. ft. 240-Volt Chrome Shadow Stackable Electric Dryer with Steam and Wrinkle Shield Plus Option, ENERGY STAR||30A|
What Amp Breaker For Dryer?
If a breaker is used with a dryer it not only protects against the electric shock and damage to the equipment but it also prevents and gives protection from electrical fire as it trips the circuit before overheating the cable.
But the size of the breaker to be used depends on the size of the cable used. So use the correct size of the breaker if you want to protect the circuit.
For example, if we use a 240-volt dryer with a 30 amps breaker it is able to protect 10 to 3 type NM cable but not 14 to type and NM cable, and using a 240-volt dryer on a circuit wired with 14 to 2 type NM cable is unsafe. But a dryer of 110 volts can be used on a circuit with 14 to 2 type NM cable which is protected by a 15 amps breaker.
What is the Dryer Outlet Adapter?
Instead of hiring an electrician uses a dryer outlet adaptor that is suitable for the dryer. A person needs to check the outlet when they have purchased a new dryer or are moving to a new home. If they don’t have the appropriate outlets they can safely convert a 4 prong to a three-prong dryer outlet with the help of a dry outlet adapter. As by using an adapter you don’t need to change the dry outlet or any cable. It will also help to avoid the risk of electrical shock and will also save the money of an electrician to help.
The dryer on average uses amps between 7.5 and 30 amps. the majority of the user uses 30 amps. If the dryer is used with a three or four-prong adaptor it will help you to dry the clothes quickly and is risk-free. It will also help in reducing the cost of running a dryer.
Are dryers 20 amp or 30 amp?
The information is displayed on the metal phase plate near the button of the dryer but the residential dryer mostly requires a 30 amp circuit breaker.
Can we use a 50 amp breaker for a dryer?
A 50 amp breaker is used if you are using a sub panel.
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For 1000 kWh? (Per Month & Day Explained) - March 29, 2023
- Mastering Your Home’s Electrical Consumption: A Guide to Wattage, Amperage, and Budget Management - March 28, 2023
- Trending Designer GFCI Cover Plates To Buy - March 27, 2023