The range is the first factor that most people ask from a company before buying an EV or fuel car. If a person, while driving, gets to know that they are left with little charging and there is no charging station nearby, the biggest fear is that a person thinks. Just knowing the range of an electric vehicle and then driving the car for a long journey is not enough because the external environment is also a factor that can reduce the range of an electric vehicle. For example, in extremely cold temperatures, the range of an electric vehicle reduces due to which the car is not able to cover the long distance. But with the upgradation of the electric vehicle they have enabled extended range features. There are many people who are unaware of it so in this article, you will get to know about the 10 best extended range electric vehicles.
Extended Range Electric Vehicles:
Electric vehicles which have an extended range run the same on electricity but they do have an auxiliary power unit called a Range Extended. An electric vehicle having a Range extender means that they have a small cute engine that has its own fuel tank.
Features of the fuel tank:
- The fuel tank which is present in the small fuel engine is able to hold 1-3 gallons of gas.
- When an electric vehicle while driving rich to a low person battery charge of 5 to 10% then automatically the fuel from the Range Extender will charge the battery again while driving.
- Due to the charging of the battery with the help of a range extender, the electric vehicle will be able to cover long driving distances.
The following are some best Extended Range Electric Vehicles:
Tesla Model S long range:
Tesla is one of the most popular companies. It has many models but the ranges of the electric vehicles are different. the longest Extended Range Electric Vehicles is the model S which can easily be driven from San Francisco to Los Angeles which is 383 miles. Further, The Model S has two sub-models such as:
- Standard model S.
- Model S plaid.
Standard model S:
The tesla standard model S has the following features:
- The range of the Model S is about 405 miles.
- It can cover upto 0 to 60 miles per hour within 31 seconds.
- The horsepower of this model is 670.
Model S plaid:
The following are some specifications of model S plaid:
- The range of model S plaid is about 396 miles.
- It can cover upto 0 to 60 miles per hour in 1.99 seconds.
- The horsepower of model S plaid is 1020.
There are many supercharger stations in the country.
Mercedes is also one of the top-known car model companies. If we talk about the best extended electric car model the Mercedes EQS is ultra aerodynamic which is so comfortable having headroom and cargo space.
The followings are some features and specifications of the Mercedes EQS:
- It has a good driving range of about 350 miles.
- The cost of the Mercedes EQS is over $100000.
- It can cover upto 0 to 60 miles per hour in 5.9 seconds.
- The battery capacity of the Mercedes EQS is 107.8 kWh.
The BMW iX is also considered a good option to have an Extended Range Electric Vehicles.
The followings are some features and specifications of the BMW iX:
- The BMW iX can be easily charged at home and at the charging station.
- The BMW iX provides the customer with customizable options.
- It has many safety features.
- The range of the BMW iX is about 324 miles.
- It can cover upto 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.69 seconds.
- The horsepower of the model is about 620.
Lucid Air Dream Edition Range:
The lucid company is considered the top manufactures of electric vehicles which car model with the longest range is the lucid air dream edition range. the company offers customers 24000+ public fast chargers in America so that the person having the lucid car easily charge their car.
The followings are some features and specifications of the Lucid Air Dream:
- The Lucid Air Dream when charged can use to cover 300 miles in only 20 minutes.
- The range of the Lucid Air Dream is about 520 miles.
- It can cover upto 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds.
- The horsepower of the model is about 933.
Tesla Model Y Long Range:
The next is also the model of the tesla such as the tesla model Y. It does have less mile range than others but it is more affordable than others. for charging the car over 35000 public tesla charging stations are installed.
The followings are some specifications of the Lucid Air Dream:
- The range of tels model Y is 330-mile range.
- It can cover 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.8 seconds.
Ford Mach-e California Route 1:
The fore Mach-e California route 1 SUV model also comes in the extended electric vehicle range. due to the impressive use of this model, there is over 20500+ charging station installed, and still growing.
The followings are some specifications of the Ford Mach-e California Route 1:
- The range of the Ford Mach-e California Route 1 is about 314 miles.
- It is used to cover 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.8 seconds.
- The horsepower of the model is 346 hp.
The Audi E-Tron is also included in the list of extended electric vehicle ranges and thus provides an average of 204 miles when the car is fully charged. The battery pack used by the Audi E-Tron is 90 kWh by which two electric motors are driven.
Nissan Leaf S+:
The range extender model is available on prior models and become the most popular electric vehicle.
The followings are some specifications of the Nissan Leaf S+:
- The battery capacity of the Nissan Leaf S+ is about 62 kWh.
- The range of the model is about 226 miles.
The Chevrolet Volt before using the range extender has a short range of only 40-60 miles. the Chevrolet volt has become popular after using the range extender, gasoline-powered ICE as its APU. the battery capacity of the Chevrolet volt is about 16 kWh.
The benefits of using extended range electric vehicles:
The following are some benefits of using extended range electric vehicles:
- The people who do have a vehicle with a longer range will reduce the anxiety of getting stuck while on a long journey with no remaining electric vehicle charge because the extended range electric vehicles will exceed the range of the vehicle.
- The other benefit of the extended range electric vehicle is range autonomy as a driver can travel long distances without any restrictions of having no charge.
- The cost of the electric vehicle having an extender is low we compare it with fueling frequency.
The common abbreviation used for extended-range electric vehicles:
- EREV: Extended Range Electric Vehicle.
- REEV: Range Extended Electric Vehicle.
- BEVx: Battery Electric Vehicle.
- E-REV: Extended Range Electric Vehicle.
- PHEV: A Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
The above-mentioned extended range electric vehicles are the top best vehicle having the extender due to which they exceed the range and you will be able to travel for long distances easily.
- Red Light on GFCI Outlet: Fixed with Step-by-Step Guide Explained - March 23, 2023
- Step-by-Step Guide To Install A Ceiling Light Fixture: New and Old Replacement - March 20, 2023
- Best GFCI Alarm To Buy (User Buying Guide) - March 17, 2023