The first question that comes to the mind of a person if they want to buy a hot tub whether it is affordable or not. it is obvious to get detailed information about the cost to run a hot tub which includes the installation cost also etc. this article will guide you about the common question related to the cost.
Cost to run a hot tub:
The average cost to run a hot tub is from $3000 to $10000 which does not include the delivery or installation cost. But the cost to run a hot tub depends on various factors such as the material to use, quality of the device, features included, number of jets, brand, dealer overhead, and warranty.
The following table explains in detail the average cost to run a hot tub according to the quality and features:
|Inflatable||$400-$1500||Last upto 5 years, uses 120V outlet, has many jets and mood light|
|Entry level||$2000-$6000||Plastic and portable shell, low performance, 120V electrical outlet, short warranty.|
|Value priced||$4000-$8000||2-5 people, most common, many jets, sanitizing system, acrylic shell, good insulation.|
|Premium||$8000-$11000||Quality of acrylic shell, adjustable jets, 4-6 people, energy efficient, less maintenance, long-term warranty.|
|Luxury||$11000-$18000||Seating for 7+ people, filtration system, high quality of material, custom features, and long-term warranty.|
Cost of installing a tub:
- If the hot tub is installed above the ground then the cost is from $150 to $500.
- The electrical installation cost is from $800 to $1600.
- The total cost of installing an in-ground hot tub is $10000 to $25000.
The cost of installing a hot tub depends on which type of hot tub you want such as above-ground and in-ground installing a hot tub. The difference is explained below in detail.
Above-Ground Hot Tub Installation Cost
- On average the cost of installing an above-ground hot tub is from $4000 to $1500 which includes the materials, delivery, electrical wiring, base, permits, and installation labor.
- On average the alone cost of hot tub wiring and installation is from $300 to $1,600.
Hot Tub Electrical Installation Cost:
- The average installation cost of a hot Tub is from $800 to $1600.This is the cost for a dedicated circuit to the electrical panel, and underground conduit and includes the wiring upto 100 feet.
- The installation cost of a hot tub with existing wire cost $150 to $500.
- The cost to upgrade a hot tub according to the size is $1200 to $3000.
The below-given chart explains the hot tub electrical installation cost:
Hot tub concrete pad cost:
The average cost of a hot tub concrete slab is from $5 to $10 per square foot or $500 to $2500.The concrete pad cost also varies according to the existing patio, gravel base, pavers, a reinforced deck, or plastic spa pad.
The following table explains the cost per square foot according to the types:
|Type||Cost per square foot|
|Gravel base cost||$1-$3|
|Plastic foundation pad||$4-$7|
|Concrete slab cost||$5-$10|
|Paver patio cost||$10-$17|
Hot tub delivery cost:
The delivery cost does depend upon the size, difficulty of moving the tab and if it is to be moved upstairs or to a higher elevation or if the crane is required, etc.
- On average the delivery cost of a hot tub is from $200 to $500.
- The cost of using a crane to deliver a hot tub is from $300 to $1500.
- Moving a hot tub that is already installed from one location to another will cost from $250 to $1000.
The following table explains the rental cost of moving the equipment:
|Moving equipment||Average rental cost|
|Portable wheeled hand-towed crane||$100-$200|
|75′ crane to reach over the house||$300-$800|
|125′ crane to reach over the house||$500-$1500|
|Bobcat and operator||$200-$300|
|Elevating 4-wheel trailer||$100-$200|
|Remove section of fence for access||$100-$200|
In-Ground Hot Tub Installation Cost:
This cost includes the excavation, plumbing, and electrical wiring:
- The average cost to install a hot tub in-ground to build a new tub or add to the existing pool is from $8000 to $25000.
- The average cost to install a hot tub by building in conjunction with an in-ground pool is from $6000-$1500.
The following graph shows the cost which does depend upon building a new hot tub (material, delivery, labor, and preparation work) and building in conjunction.
Cost To Add Hot Tub To Existing Pool
Just adding a hot tub to an existing pool costs from $1200-$25000.but building into an existing pool needs to resurface to seal which will cost from $6-$10 per square foot.
Installing Hot Tub Accessories
The following table explains the average cost that is spent on the accessories of installing a hot tub:
|Salt water system||$500-$1700|
|Independent water heater||$150-$1500|
Cost To Install 220V Outlet For HotTub:
- On average the cost to install 220-volt outlets for a hot tub is from $300 to $1000.
- The electrician’s cost for hiring to install a 220-volt outlet for the hot tab is from $40 to $100.
We can conclude that the cost to install a hot tub does depend upon where the installation is to be done. The normal weight of a hot tub is between 3000 to 6000 pounds. Also, the amperage required by a spa panel is 50 amps. A person who wants to buy a hot tub should read all the costs included to install a hot tub in the home.
What is the cost to remove an old hot tub?
The removal cost of an old hot tub is from $150 to $350.
How much time does it take to install a hot tub?
The approximate time taken to install a hot Tab by a qualified electrician is from 6 to 8 hours.
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For 1000 kWh? (Per Month & Day Explained) - March 29, 2023
- Mastering Your Home’s Electrical Consumption: A Guide to Wattage, Amperage, and Budget Management - March 28, 2023
- Trending Designer GFCI Cover Plates To Buy - March 27, 2023