When a person goes to a shop to buy a toaster they always look at the age consumed by a toaster. As they want to buy a toaster that is the most efficient toaster regarding its cost per user or wattage usage. This article is based on research done on 226 toasters and is going to explain to you the different toaster wattage, the electricity cost, and which is the most efficient toaster.
According to the US:
- The range of the toaster wattage is from 500 watts to 800 watts.
- The average Toaster Wattage is 1097 watts.
- The most common Toaster Wattage recorded by the toaster of the common category is 750 watts.
According to the UK:
- The average range of Toaster Wattage is from 780 watts to 2300 watts.
- The average Toaster Wattage is 1364.6 watts.
- The most common Toaster Wattage is 850 watts.
The following table explains the toaster Wattage that is being recorded according to the toaster wattage category in the US and UK.
|Toaster wattage category||Toaster wattage US||Toaster wattage UK|
2 Slice Toaster Wattage:
The wattage of a toaster is different according to the type of the toaster as a 2-slice toaster weightage in the US on average is 880 watts and the toaster which comes in the category of the most common toaster has a voltage of 750 watts. The wattage mostly ranges from 650 Watts to 1600 watts. According to the research done 62% of the 100 most popular toasters in the US are the 2-slice toaster model. And in the UK the toaster wattage ranges from 780 Watts to 1670 Watts and out of the 126 most popular toasters used in the UK 53.3% of the toaster were the 2 slice toaster. You can compare the wattage of a toaster with the wattage used by a microwave.
The table below explains in detail the wattage of 2 slice toasters according to the location and category of the toaster.
|2-slice toaster wattage category||US 2 Slice Toaster Wattage||UK 2 Slice Toaster Wattage|
4 Slice Toaster Wattage:
The average wattage of the 4-slice toaster range is from 900 Watts to 1800 watts in the US. Around 33% of the hundred most popular toasters in the US are 4 slice toasters. In the UK the wattage of 4 slice toaster ranges from 1400 Watts to 2300 watts. And around 46.7% of the popular toaster in the UK are four-slice toasters.
The following table explains the weightage of the 4 slice toaster according to the category and the location.
|4 Slice Toaster Wattage Category||4 Slice Toaster Wattage – US||4 Slice Toaster Wattage – UK|
What is the amount of electricity used by a toaster?
Approximately a toaster uses 0.01 kWh to 0.16 kWh of electricity as per use. According to the location of the US, the toaster can consume approximately 1.1 kWh of electricity per hour.
The following table describes in detail the amount of electricity used by the average most common highest and lowest uses of the category of a toaster according to the location.
|Toaster Electricity Usage Category||Toaster Electricity Usage Per Hour – US||Toaster Electricity Usage Per Hour – UK|
|Average||1.1 kWh||1.365 kWh|
|Most common||0.75 kWh||0.85 kWh|
|Highest||1.8 kWh||2.3 kWh|
|Lowest||0.5 kWh||0.78 kWh|
Electricity used by the 2-slice toaster:
- The electricity used by a 2-slice toaster on average is 0.05 kWh when it is used at a medium setting.
- A 2-slice toaster used at the highest setting will consume approximately 0.07 kWh.
Electricity used by the 4-slice toaster:
- The electricity used by 4 Slice toaster on average at a medium setting is 0.11 kWh
- A 4-slice toaster used at the highest setting will consume approximately 0.3 kWh.
- The electricity consumption to toast four slices of bread at the highest setting is 0.8 kWh
What is the most efficient toaster?
The following table shows the list of the toaster having the lowest weightage out of the 100 most popular toasters used in the US.
|Lowest wattage toaster||Nostalgia – MyMini||500W|
|Lowest wattage 2-slice toaster||Nostalgia – Kraft Deluxe||650W|
|Lowest wattage 4-slice toaster||Gevi – 5402||900W|
The following table shows the list of the toaster having the lowest weightage out of the 126 most popular toasters used in the UK.
|Lowest wattage toaster||Laura Ashley – VQSBT582WSUK||780W|
|Lowest wattage 4-slice toaster||Cool works||1400W|
In the end, we can conclude that a toaster bandage ranges from 500 words to 1800 words in the US which are higher in the UK. The electricity used by a toaster is approximately 0.01 kWh to 0.6 kWh as per the use. Out of the hundred most popular toasters, 19% of the toasters use electricity when they are not in use.
Do toasters consume a lot of electricity?
The electricity consumed by two-slice toasters is less than a high-power toaster and the toaster which has a white slot consumes up to 300 watts more energy than the 2 slice toaster.
Which toaster is better to use a two-slice or four-slice toaster?
If a person is having a large family then a 4 slice toaster is better or if they are toasting the bread round after round daily. A 4 slice toaster is more stable than a two-slice toaster if we have to make the toast in large amounts.
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For 1000 kWh? (Per Month & Day Explained) - March 29, 2023
- Mastering Your Home’s Electrical Consumption: A Guide to Wattage, Amperage, and Budget Management - March 28, 2023
- Trending Designer GFCI Cover Plates To Buy - March 27, 2023