A person who does have range anxiety about a vehicle doesn’t have to care about a tesla car because a tesla Model is considered one of the top models for the range. This article will guide you about the miles coverage by a tesla on one charge, factors that determine the range of the tesla model, etc which will clear your thoughts regarding the range of the Tesla Model.
Miles can a tesla go on one charge:
With the Upgradation, tesla has increased the mileage range of each car. If we compare the old model the Tesla car battery was able to last at least 267 miles on one charge and the Tesla Model with extended ranges can cover 375 miles on one charge. The mileage covered by the car depends on various factors like the way you are driving the car, the size of the battery, etc. Tesla claims to offer 250 miles on one charge. it can be less based on the driving circumstances.
The following table shows different Tesla Model mile coverage on one charge:
|Model 3 Standard Range||267 miles|
|Model 3 Long Range||334 miles|
|Model 3 Performance||315 miles|
|Model S||375 miles|
|Model S Plaid||348 miles|
|Model X||332 miles|
|Model X Plaid||313 miles|
|Model Y Long Range||318 miles|
|Model Y Performance||303 miles|
As per the use of superchargers, any model of the Tesla is able to provide enough range which is sufficient for a day and long drive.
Factor affecting the miles coverage of a Tesla on one charge:
The following are some factors affecting the miles coverage of a tesla on one charge:
- Model of tesla.
- Battery size.
- way of driving.
Model of Tesla:
- If we compare the model of Tesla with each other then the model 3 car is very efficient and worth it if you are using Tesla every day.
- The different models have different features such a model S is able to provide you long range as you can easily cover from 0 to 60 miles per hour in as low as 3.1 seconds.
- The plaid model of Tesla also provides long range but it has an improved interior appearance, a carbon fiber spoiler, and efficient traction control. It can cover from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 1.99 seconds.
- If a person wants to have a Tesla Model for daily use they can choose to model 3 cars and if they want effective performance and style of the car then they should go with a plaid model.
The battery size of a Tesla is considered one of the most important factors to determine the cost of the car because the bigger the battery of the Tesla Model is the more the mile coverage of the car is but the cost of the car will be higher. If we compare the battery size of different models of Tesla then the model 3 car of Tesla has the lowest battery which can cover upto 267 miles on one charge. this model is the most affordable car around $40710 and the model S’s longer range with a larger battery is able to cover 375 miles on one charge and the cost of the model is around $84510.The Tesla Model is good to charge fast with a supercharger and can hold the charge for a long time over a long distance.
Way of driving:
The way of driving affects the maximum amount the battery of the car drains if you drive the car fast all the time it will drain more quickly and you will be not able to drive the Tesla for the maximum amount of miles the car can be driven on one charge. The weather conditions also affect the battery. For example, driving the Tesla Model in cold temperatures or snowy because the battery of a car needs more power to drive the car which will reduce the range of the car.
You will not have issues with range if you drive the car at a perfect amount of speed, maintain the tires of the car, brake softly, don’t overload the car, and maintain the car which will help you keep the battery of Tesla last for long and extend the life of the car and the battery.
Warranty of a Tesla Battery:
The Tesla car battery does have a warranty for a certain period which will help you in case the battery of the car does not work properly or break down you can replace or repair it within the period of the warranty getting expired. The warranty of the battery is determined by the model of the car as a minimum the warranty lasts for 8 years or lets upto in way upto 1500000 miles.
The following tables show the warranty of the battery according to the model of Tesla:
|Model 3 Standard Range||8 years or 100k miles|
|Model 3 Long Range/Performance||8 years or 120k miles|
|Model Y Long Range||8 years or 120k miles|
|Model Y Performance||8 years or 120k miles|
|Model S||8 years or 150k miles|
|Model X||8 years or 150k miles|
Comparison between the Tesla to gas-powered cars:
- If we compare the cost of Tesla cars and gas-powered vehicles, the Tesla cars are expensive, ranging from 40000 to 125000 depending on the mileage range and battery life. But after buying a Tesla Model the cost to charge it is less than buying gas.
- In case of replacement of the battery of the car the Tesla, battery life last more which will save you money than a gas-powered car.
- You can also manage to cost less to charge the Tesla car if you charge the battery using solar panels.
As the tesla, mileage is a little more than other cars but even a few miles matter on one charge. In case to enjoy the long-range covering of the tesla model you should know about the factor affecting the battery life which is clearly explained above.
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For 1000 kWh? (Per Month & Day Explained) - March 29, 2023
- Mastering Your Home’s Electrical Consumption: A Guide to Wattage, Amperage, and Budget Management - March 28, 2023
- Trending Designer GFCI Cover Plates To Buy - March 27, 2023