An electric baseboard heater is very commonly used as a hitting source in any home room as it is a very cost-efficient heating option compared to other heating sources. The baseboard heater Works when the coils heat up and emit heat from it to the entire room. This article will guide you about the cost to run electric baseboard heaters per month and per hour, the cost to install the baseboard heating system, etc.
Cost to run electric baseboard heater:
- On average, the cost to run electric baseboard heater is from $300 to $1100 per unit.
- The installation cost for installing a baseboard heat of 18 to 26 units costs $5400 to $7800.
- The cost to run electric baseboard heater per month on average is $480 to $900.
The below-given graph shows the typical range and cost of the baseboard heater per unit.
The following table shows the list of the baseboard heating cost according to the home size unit size and the total cost to install:
|Home size||Units size||Total cost to install|
Cost to install baseboard heating system:
The cost to Run electric baseboard heater with installation is from $200 to $1300 per unit . The electric heater Works by placing it along the baseboard, walls, and under the cabinet toe space and according to which the cost is different so that it is able to release the ground-level heat.
The following table explains the cost of installing baseboard heating by type:
|Type||The average cost to install|
|Electric baseboard heater||$200-$1100|
|Hydronic baseboard heater||$430-$1200|
|Wall baseboard heater||$370-$1200|
|Toe kick baseboard heater||$420-$1300|
Electric baseboard heater installation cost:
- The average cost to install an electric baseboard heater is $200-$1100 which includes the installation.
- It will cost $50-$130 when the unit is alone.
When we compare it with the other heating source it does not require any ductwork or plumbing which makes the installation cost cheaper and easier.
Hydronic baseboard heater cost:
- On average, the cost to use the hydronic baseboard heater is from $430 to $1200 which includes installation costs.
- It will cost $180-$320 when it is used alone.
The hydronic baseboard heater circulates the hot liquid from The Homes boiler in order to provide Radiant Heat. They used to heat the room slowly but stay warm for a longer time.
Wall heater cost:
The cost of an electric voltmeter is from $370 to $1200 per unit which includes the installation cost and does depend upon the surface of the unit whether it is mounted or recessed. A wall heater is good to use in a bathroom, workshop, etc.
The following table shows the difference between the cost of using an electric baseboard heater and an electric wall heater:
|Factors||Electric baseboard heater||Wall heater|
|Time to heat||30-60 minutes||Less than 10 minutes|
|Lifespan||20 years or more||8 to 12-year|
|Temperatures||It is able to use the heater at low temperatures and it does not overheat like a wall heater in case touch it||It is used at Higher temperatures. Space requiredThe length of the electric baseboard heater is from 6-8 feet and less than 12 inches in heightThe length of the wall water is 12-16 inches.|
|Noise||The electric baseboard heater is a good choice for a bedroom as they are very silent to use||The noise of the wall heater is audible but it is less than the refrigerator noise.|
Toe kick heater installation cost:
- On average the cost of a toe kick heater is from $420 to $1300 which includes the installation cost.
- The cost to use a toe kick heater alone is from $175 to $430.
A toe kick heater is basically a good option for space saving as it can be used under the cabinets, vanities, and stairways.
Baseboard heater prices by watts:
- The length of the baseboard heater is from 2 to 6 feet and is able to produce 250 watts per linear foot.
The baseboard heaters are required according to the space with which it is used for bigger space than a larger watt size is required. For example, a baseboard heater of 1500 watts is required to warm a 150-square-foot room. Compare the watts consumed by the space heater.
The following table explains the list of the baseboard heater per watt and the price range per unit.
|Watts||Cost per unit|
|500||$35 – $250|
Baseboard heat cost per month to run:
The cost spent on using the baseboard heater per month when it is used to run for 10 hours per day is from $480-$900.but the cost does vary according to the home size and location where there are colder climates and the heater is used for more time than the cost to run electrical baseboard heater costs $1500 and more per month.
Baseboard heater cost per hour to run:
To determine the heater cost per hour you can use the formula easily such as:
Power in Watts* Price Of Electricity in $ per kWh ÷ 1,000 = Heating costs per hour.
There are a lot of other factors than increasing the cost of baseboard heating such as home size, the number of heaters used, quality of the heater, brand of the heater, if it is installed by hiring an Electrician, warranty, permit, and seasonal rates so the person should consider all the factor before they are going to buy a baseboard heater.
- Red Light on GFCI Outlet: Fixed with Step-by-Step Guide Explained - March 23, 2023
- Step-by-Step Guide To Install A Ceiling Light Fixture: New and Old Replacement - March 20, 2023
- Best GFCI Alarm To Buy (User Buying Guide) - March 17, 2023