For a person who is searching for this information, it is obvious that they are going to buy a dehumidifier or want to get information about the cost to run a Dehumidifier. This article will guide you through all the topics ready including the cost to run the dehumidifiers such as running it for 24 hours a day per month full stop what is the cost to run energy efficient only fire the cost of the most energy efficient dehumidifier and the tips to save the running cost of a Dehumidifier.
Cost To Run A Dehumidifier
- The range of cost to run a dehumidifier is from 3 cents to 15 cents per hour.
- In the US the average cost to run a dehumidifier is 6 cents per hour.
- The most common cost to run a dehumidifier is 8 cents.
Cost To Run A Dehumidifier 24 Hours A Day
The cost of running a dehumidifier is based on the dehumidifier’s wattage consumption.
- The cost of using a Dehumidifier for 24 hours a day rent is from $0.83 to $3.45.
- The average cost to run the dehumidifier for 24 hours a day is $1.54.
- The most common cost is up to $1.97.
When we compare the old dehumidifier with newer dehumidifiers it does consume more electricity as the refrigerator coils compressor and fans are not as efficient as they are in the new dehumidifier. The cost of running a dehumidifier also depends on the wattage.
Cost To Run A Dehumidifier Per Month
- The cost to run a Dehumidifier per month on average is $46.07.
- The most common cost to run a dehumidifier is $59.15.
The cost of running a standard dehumidifier and most energy-efficient dehumidifiers do vary Which is explained below.
Cost To Run Energy Efficient Dehumidifiers
- The cost to run a Dehumidifier that is energy-efficient ranges from $0.83 to $1.97 per day.
- The average cost to run an energy-efficient Dehumidifier is up to $1.54.
- The energy efficiency of a Dehumidifier is based on the integrated energy factor and the daily capacity of the Energy Star certified. Check the wattage consumption of energy-efficient dehumidifiers from here.
The following table explains the cost of running an energy efficient Dehumidifier per hour, cost per week, and cost per month:
|Dehumidifier name||Cost per hour||Cost per day||Cost per month||Sq. Ft. Coverage||ENERGY STAR Certified||ENERGY STAR Most Efficient|
Cost To Run The Most Energy-Efficient Dehumidifier
- The cost of running the most efficient dehumidifier per hour is 8 cents.
- The running cost is up to $1.80 per day for the most efficient dehumidifier.
- It costs up to $54.14 months to run the most energy-efficient dehumidifier.
For example, the midea cube is considered the most energy-efficient dehumidifier because of the IEF and many advanced features. But it does not consume the least amount of electricity. The dehumidifier consumes the least amount of electricity and the cost of running it for an hour is up to 3 cents, 84 cents per day, and $25.10 per month.
Are Dehumidifiers Expensive To Run
Using a Dehumidifier is expensive when we look at the overall Cost To Run A Dehumidifier which includes the duration, running continuously for a day and even a month. As if the dehumidifier is used continuously for 30 days it will cost up to $46.07 which is an add-on amount to the electricity bill. If the dehumidifier is used for 8 hours per day in a month it will increase the electricity bill by $15.36 or 13%.
You can also compare the cost of running a dehumidifier per day which is $1.54 which is the same as the following home appliances:
How to reduce the running cost of a dehumidifier?
The following are some tips to produce the running cost of a Dehumidifier:
- Automate the dehumidifier.
- Upgrade the dehumidifier.
- Manage the creation of moisture.
- Improve your circulation and ventilation.
- Maintain the dehumidifier.
- Placing of the dehumidifier.
- Seal the room.
- Using at night.
- Switch the energy provided
The new dehumidifier consists of benefits that will help you to reset the humidity level. If a person is setting a humidity level it will help to reduce the risk of energy wastage by using the dehumidifier unnecessarily. So using the automatic setting will help to cost less to run a dehumidifier.
The dehumidifier which is more energy efficient will cost less to run but the cost of running it also depends upon the usage and efficiency of a Dehumidifier. So if the dehumidifier is the upgraded one it will cost less to run it.
Manage the creation of moisture:
The moisture is being added by using many appliances and performing many activities such as washing dishes, drying clothes, cooking using the shower using hot water, etc so if all of these activities are being managed properly it will automatically reduce the humidity level in a room. You can dry the clothes outside the room and cook or shower while using the Extractor fan which will help to reduce the moisture level. As if these activities are not looked into it will increase the moisture level in the year and increase the usage of dehumidifiers by having more work and which will increase the running cost.
Improve the air circulation and ventilation:
If you increase the ventilation and the moment of more in the room it will manage the humidity of the room easily. Running a selling fan is also efficient and effective to move the cool and even warm air inside the room efficiently. Improving the ventilation process means installing an extractor fan which will help to maintain the humid level in the room. As the humid level is maintained in the room it will automatically decrease the usage of dehumidifiers for the room.
Seal the room:
If the room is properly sealed and it reduces the air leakage which is maintained by the dehumidifier will help you by not using the dehumidifier again and again. You can manage the reduction of leaking air from the room by closing the windows door etc properly.
In the end, we conclude that the average cost of running a dehumidifier is 6 cents per hour. The energy-efficient dehumidifier cost ranges from 0.83 to 1.97 per day. The most energy-efficient dehumidifier is considered the 20-pint media cube which consumes the least amount of electricity and costs 3 cents per hour.
Does a dehumidifier take a lot of power?
On average it consumes power between 30 watts and 50 watts.
Should we run a dehumidifier at a low or high setting?
Running a dehumidifier at a low setting is more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
Can a humidifier use to take out the moisture?
No, a humidifier is used to add moisture to the air.
- How Many Solar Panels Do I Need For 1000 kWh? (Per Month & Day Explained) - March 29, 2023
- Mastering Your Home’s Electrical Consumption: A Guide to Wattage, Amperage, and Budget Management - March 28, 2023
- Trending Designer GFCI Cover Plates To Buy - March 27, 2023