Many people who want to buy a new washing machine or want to spend less money on running a washing machine want to know how they can. so, from this article, you will let to know how the wattage of the washing machine affects the cost of the washing machine. how does energy efficiency affect the cost of running a washing machine?.and what should be the highlighted things that you should look for before buying a new washing machine?
Cost of running a washing machine
- On average the cost of running a washing machine is approximately 17 cents per load,$4.28 per month, and $51.35 per year is the cost of running a washing machine in the US.
- In the UK the average cost of running a washing machine costs 22c per wash,51.35 euros per month, and 67.18 euros per year.
What is the cost depending on different models?
The cost of running a washing machine does depend on various factors such as what is the model size and setting process. As if a person uses the washing machine for washing clothes at a low temperature then they will consume less electricity. the washing machine does consume power between 300w to 2100w. A machine with lower wattage will consume less electricity due to which the cost of running a washing machine will be affected. The washing machine is also given an Energy Efficiency rating which starts with A+++ and so on, so a machine with the highest energy rating will be the cheapest to run and the machine will be more environmentally friendly. And the machine which does not have a good energy efficiency rating will use a higher amount of kWh and will be costly to run. When a person knows how much kWh the washing machine uses then they can easily calculate how much is the cost of running a washing machine per hour.
Washing machine cost difference according to the wattage used by the washing machine:
The following are some average costs of running a washing machine according to the wattage used by the washing machine.
- A washing machine with 300 w and which is used three times a week will be caused for 30p per week 1.2 euros per month and 14.40 euros per year.
- A machine with 1400 w which is used three times a week will cost 1.43 euros per week 5.720 euros per month and 68.64 per year.
- A machine with 2100w which is used three times a week will cost 2.14 euros per week 8.57 euros per month and 102.82 euros per year.
Washing machine cost difference according to energy efficiency:
The washing machine has been categorized according to the energy efficiency rating also which is from a to z a machine which to have a rating will be the most energy efficient and a machine which have grating will be the least efficient. And the machine which has the most energy efficiency will use less energy and doesn’t cost much when it is Run. The lower-rated machine will use more energy and will cost more when it is Run. But a machine that does have high energy efficiency will be costly to buy for a person.
The following are the washing machine categorized according to rating and cost.
- A washing machine with an energy efficiency rating of A Cost for 2.78 per month and 33.32 euros annually.
- A washing machine with an Energy Efficiency rating of B cost 3.29 euros per month and 39.44 annually.
- A washing machine with energy Efficiency rate C costs 4.96 euros per month and 59.5 annually.
- A washing machine with an Energy Efficiency rate in D costs 5.38 euros per month and 64.60 euros annually.
How to reduce or save the running washing machine cost?
The following are some tips to reduce the running washing machine cost.
- Limit water temperature.
- Fully load your washing machine.
- Put it all on one line.
- Extend the life of your washing machine.
- Consider upgrading to a more efficient washing machine.
- Consider changing your energy provider.
Limit water temperature:
In the case of energy consumption, 90% of washing machine consumes energy during the heating of water. When the washing machine is spinning less electricity is consumed when compared to heating the water. So if you use the washing machine in cold water it may consume less energy and thus save the cost while running the washing machine.
Fully load washing machine:
Instead of using the washing machine. Again and again, with half loading you should use the washing machine by fully loading the washing machine as the electricity consumption used in half loading and full loading will be the same. By doing this they can save energy consumption which will save the running cost of the washing machine.
Put it all on one line:
If a person wants to reduce the cost of running a washing machine then they can put the clothes out by hanging them to drive rather than using the dryer as it will consume more energy to dry the clothes. A high spin used at the end to dry the cloth does use a lot of electricity which will cost high. Less use of the spinner will cost less electricity.
Extend the life of the washing machine:
- When the washing machine is used you should keep the door open so that the water vapor from the door seal does vaporize.
- You should not wash bulky in the washing machine and also avoid overloading the machine.
- While washing the clothes in the washing machine you should use high-efficiency detergent as it will minimize the sudding and it will increase the dispersal time. As if a washing machine does have an excess level of studs it will create an impact on the washing machine’s performance which will lead to mechanical problems.
Upgrade to a more efficient washing machine:
The person should avoid using a washing machine which has been 10 years old as it will be using more electricity and will cost more so when the washing machine is old switch to a machine which is a top loader and with energy star satisfaction so that it doesn’t cost much while running the washing machine.
Consider changing the energy provider:
If the person is buying a new washing machine then they should go to a new energy provider because going to the old provider will only help you with the paperwork but if you go to a new energy provider it will offer discounts to new customers so it will reflect in the cheaper amount of the washing machine.
How much does a washing machine use electricity?
The energy consumed by the washing machine can easily be checked by knowing the washing machine’s wattage. The average range of the voltage of a washing machine is between 300 w and 2100w. A person can easily see how much wattage the washing machine uses as it will be seen on the washing machine or in a user manual. Then divide the machine’s wattage to convert it to kilowatt hours which will make you determine how much electricity the washing machine uses per hour. A machine that does have a high rate of kilowatt hour will be using more energy and will be more costly. But the Machine’s kWh is independent of the usage of the washing machine cycle. as if the machine is used at a Higher temperature it will consume more energy for heating up the water to wash the clothes.
So when a person decides to buy a washing machine they should see the energy efficiency rating and if the washing machine is certified as a high energy efficient washing machine costs more but it consumes less electricity when it is used for washing the clothes which will cost less electricity to be paid.
What is the most economical way to use a washing machine?
The economical way to use the washing machine is to wash the clothes at 30 degrees.
What is the cheapest time to put the washing machine on?
The best time to wash the clothes in the washing machine and to dry them is in the early morning or at night so that it avoids a surge in price.
- (Fixed) GFCI Outlet Showing Yellow Light and Not Working - March 25, 2023
- Red Light on GFCI Outlet: Fixed with Step-by-Step Guide Explained - March 23, 2023
- Step-by-Step Guide To Install A Ceiling Light Fixture: New and Old Replacement - March 20, 2023